How can I save by Car Sharing?
Save money on fuel, parking, ferry costs, wear & tear and reduce your carbon footprint
For example: even if you only drive 10 miles to (and from) work daily, 5 days a week, 45 weeks per year:
- Fuel savings - you could spend over £900 just in fuel for that journey alone. If you travelled with one other person that's a saving of at least £450 each per year!
- Parking costs - eg: £2 per day = £450 per year - that could be a saving of £225 each per year!
- Ferry Costs - eg: 2 weeks on a ten journey ticket costing £62 (incl driver) and £16 per additional passenger. Share with just one other person and save £46/10 trips which over the year will save over £1,000!
- Wear & tear - by reducing your car use, you not only save on fuel, but reduce wear & tear and exposure to risk
- Carbon emissions - on the example journey save over 1.1 tonnes of CO2 per year