Car Sharing or Car Pooling is when two or more people share a car and travel together rather than driving alone.
One of the people travelling is usually the owner of the vehicle and the other(s) usually make a contribution towards fuel costs.
More than 80% of people who commute to work by car do so on their own. Yet most live in the same towns and villages as many of their colleagues. With a little forethought all those journeys can be combined and sharing a journey with someone, even just once a week, could reduce commuting car journeys by 20%!
Not everyone has to own a car. In rural areas car owners can offer lifts to other members who perhaps don't have access to a car and where there is little public transport.
The benefits are numerous for yourself, your family, your community and the environment:
- save money on running costs
- save time looking for parking spaces
- halve the cost of parking
- use one car instead of two on the ferries and reduce ferry congestion and costs
- provides a real solution to the transport problems of rural areas
- may reduce the need for private car ownership
- help to save the planet by reducing your carbon footprint
To find out if there are other members matching your requirements please become a member yourself by going to the "Register" page and completing just a few details, eg where and when you wish to travel
Save money. Save time. Save the planet. Register Now For: IfYouCareShare.com It's FREE!